Dugald River Apprenticeships & Traineeships 2018
Job no: 496055
Work type: Limited Tenure / Fixed Term, Trainee / Intern
Location: Dugald River Mine
Located in North-West Queensland, MMG’s new mine development project, Dugald River, is a world-class zinc-lead-silver deposit. In 2018 we launch the inaugural Dugald River Trainee Program, which includes both four year apprenticeships and two year traineeships. We are currently seeking enthusiastic local community candidates keen on starting a career with us.
The Dugald River Program offers traineeships and apprenticeships in mining and construction, as well as, in community based disciplines. Some roles will be based on site at Dugald River Mine, and others, in the communities of Mount Isa and Cloncurry.
We are looking for persons interested in completing qualifications in:
- Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
- Certificate II in Cleaning Operations
- Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade (Boiler-making/Welding)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade
- Certificate III in Business Administration
- Certificate III in Early Childhood and Care
This Program is open to locals of the Mount Isa region, which includes the City of Mount Isa and the Shire of Cloncurry.
As part of the Dugald River Trainee Program, you will learn and develop specific skills related to your chosen trade or industry. You will also participate in activities that enhance self and team development giving you life-long employment skills that hold you in good stead on any workforce.
Successful candidates will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Enjoy an on-the-job learning experience coupled with a structured training programme
- Rosters are trade and industry specific.
- Remuneration for the role includes a competitive, market based salary.
To be considered, you will have:
- Graduated Year 12 (preferred) however the completion of Year 10 may also be considered for some roles.
- A school based apprenticeship will be advantageous.
- An unwavering commitment to safe work practices, high levels of motivation and commitment to learning and development and a positive attitude.
- An excellent work ethic.
Persons of Kalkadoon heritage are encouraged to apply. Those applicants wishing to be considered as a member of the Kalkadoon Native Title Group are required to submit verification of their Kalkadoon Heritage with their application. This must be obtained from the Kalkadoon Native Title Aboriginal Corporation Prescribed Bodies Corporate (KNTPBC) at 109 Barkly Highway, Mount Isa, QLD 4825 or Queensland South Native Title Services (QSNTS) at 31-33 Commercial Road, Mount Isa, QLD 4825.
To start your career journey with MMG, please apply online and submit your resume along with your cover letter clearly stating which qualification you are interested in studying.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results