Mine Maintenance Tradesperson
Job no: 496171
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG Limited is a global resources company that mines, explores and develops base metal projects globally. We are one of the world's largest producers of zinc and a substantial producer of copper, lead, gold and silver. Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we are listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEx 1208) and Australian Securities Exchange (MMG) with mining projects and operations in Australia, Africa, Americas and South East Asia, we offer a rare and unique opportunity to work with a global perspective.
We currently have a great career opportunity available for an experienced Mine Maintenance Tradesperson to join our team at Rosebery in Tasmania, a polymetallic underground mine, in operation since 1936, which has current potential to extend life beyond 2030.
Reporting to the Mine Maintenance Supervisor, you will ensure equipment capability, reliability and availability through thorough maintenance and repair of the underground mining equipment. This includes servicing, fault finding, repair and commissioning of the mobile fleet and supporting equipment. including Loaders, Trucks, Drills and other mining equipment.,. On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Fostering a culture of safe work practices and good housekeeping
- Identifying root causes of failure and generating improvement strategies
- Operating and maintaining electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic tools such as drills, grinders, welding and heating equipment and rams and hoists
- Accurately completing documentation including drawings and technical reports as necessary.
- Reading mechanical drawings or specifications to understand the scope of work required
- Deciding which parts and materials are required and checking them for accuracy using measuring instruments
- Positioning and assembling parts on site
- Making or altering mechanical parts, assembling parts and checking that fitment and alignment are correct.
You have well developed technical skills and personal attributes including the following:
- An unwavering commitment to safe work practices
- A mechanical related trade qualification
- Experience in diagnosing faults and repairing equipment according to OEM specifications
- The ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Strong problem solving skills
- A current driver’s licence.
This role represents a genuine career opportunity for a motivated professional. This is a permanent residential role on a 7/7 residential roster, giving you the opportunity to become a member of the Rosebery community. Naturally, MMG will support you with relocation to the area and provide generous housing assistance.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results