Support Officer - Training Program
Job no: 496180
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dugald River Mine
MMG’s new mine operation, Dugald River, is a world-class zinc-lead-silver deposit located in north-west Queensland. We are currently seeking an experienced Support Officer to join our Training Program Team at Dugald River Mine.
Reporting to the Trainee Program Lead, you will support Trainees through planned and purposeful intervention as they work to achieve their qualifications. This includes the development, implementation and monitoring of plans and strategies for the successful completion of the Trainee Program. On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a Mentoring Program to maximise opportunity for the successful completion of qualifications for all participants in the program.
- Providing coaching and mentoring support to individuals within the Trainee Program, and when required to the larger workforce,
- Monitoring Trainee performance and managing Trainees in the Trainee Program on a day to day basis.
- Working with community support groups to provide relevant support to trainees and other mentees, also working with stakeholders to address matters as they arise so that there is minimal impact on the successful completion of the program.
To be successful in this role, you will sound knowledge of coaching and mentoring, training and learning principles. You will also have a good understanding of current national and state training and qualifications standards. As a successful incumbent, you will have demonstrated experience within a similar role, your experience in mentoring or teaching or related training or counselling type roles along with Indigenous employees or students would be ideal. An important part of the role is your flexibility and willingness to assist others, an understanding of issues and challenges with youth and in particular students.
To be successful to the role you will ideally have:
- A qualification in Psychology or Education (would be preferred).
- Diploma of Counselling or Certificate in Coaching and/or mentoring or related qualifications is desirable
- Vehicle license - manual light vehicle License
- Blue Card (Working with Children Suitability Card)
MMG is supportive of our local communities and region. This role is available on a drive in drive out basis (DIDO) from the Cloncurry or Mount Isa Districts. Relocation support will be available for successful candidates who reside outside of the local region who wish to relocate to the Cloncurry or Mount Isa districts. This role is available on an 8/6 roster.
Kalkadoon applicants are encouraged to apply.
On-site accommodation at Dugald River is fully air-conditioned en-suite rooms and includes meal service and room cleaning. The new village features, communal media facilities including 4G coverage, onsite Medical Centre, sporting, brand new swimming pool and gym facilities. Remuneration for the role includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results