Vice President Project Delivery - Las Bambas
Job no: 497349
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Las Bambas Mine
Vice President Project Delivery (external)
Las Bambas is a large, long-life copper mine located in Cotabambas, Apurimac region of Peru. Once in full production Las Bambas will be one of the world’s largest copper mines, with an annual nameplate throughput capacity of 51.1 million tonnes.
As Vice President Project Delivery – Las Bambas, you will be accountable for the delivery of major capital projects, working closely with Operations. In addition, you will support and potentially lead the execution of major capital growth projects at Las Bambas.
As a senior project management professional with a track record of success in managing scope, schedule and cost for large mining projects, your proven ability to lead and manage multi-disciplined teams will be a clear strength. Your career to date will be characterised by a progression of responsibility in engineering, construction management and project management.
Key accountabilities include:
- Identify and pursue opportunities to minimise cost and preserve value
- Identify and pursue opportunities to maximise/increase resource utilisation and shareholder value.
- Provide leadership and management of all resources under direct management.
- Maintain close communication with stakeholders within the project, Las Bambas, Group functions and external contractors and consultants.
- Supervise employees and external contractors in day-to-day activities where required.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and statutory requirements (such as Australian Mining Standards) in order to minimise the companies risk exposure and liabilities.
- Ensure there are no community issues or complaints with regard to project activities.
- Extensive experience in major project execution (greenfield and brownfield)
- Experience in Feasibility studies and/or Project Controls
- Base metals mining background
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Post-graduate qualification in Management
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- International experience will be highly regarded
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date. Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered.
Female applicants looking for a career in mining are encouraged to apply.
Register your interest by submitting an English language (MS Word) version of your CV and Covering Letter Online.
Advertised: SA Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: SA Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results