Coordinator - Underground Mine Maintenance
Job no: 497421
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. Our Rosebery underground mine in North-west Tasmania, has been in continuous operation since 1936 and is an integral part of the local community.
We are now offering a Maintenance Professional the opportunity to join the Rosebery Maintenance Department on a 5-on/2-off (Mon – Fri) drive-in/drive-out roster.
Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance, you will be responsible for all the underground maintenance team. Leading/coaching the multi-disciplinary mine maintenance team in:
- Comprehensive defect scoping and job planning
- Asset health monitoring, early defect identification and management
- Contemporary hydrocarbon management practices
- Support the rolling three month maintenance forecast
- Best in class housekeeping standards such as 5S
To be eligible, you must hold current full-time work-rights within Australia. Applicants currently residing in the North-west region of Tasmania will be given first preference. Female maintenance professionals looking for a career in mining are encouraged to apply.
To be considered, you’ll have an unwavering commitment to safe work practices, be a team player, a self-starter and mostly importantly, have a passion to be part of our mining family at Rosebery. The successful applicant will also have the following technical skills and personal attributes:
- Relevant mechanical or electrical trade qualification
- Full drivers licence
- Working at heights ticket
- Confined space training
- Frontline leadership certificate (desirable)
- Literacy in computerised maintenance management systems (SAP experience highly regarded)
- Experience with mobile maintenance for underground fleet including Caterpillar and Atlas Copco.
As a company, MMG strives for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate. If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Applicants should note that screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results