Senior Mechanical Maintenance Tradesperson
Job no: 497424
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. Our Rosebery underground mine in North-west Tasmania, has been in continuous operation since 1936 and is an integral part of the local community.
We are now offering a senior Mechanical Trade professional the opportunity to join the Rosebery Maintenance Department on a 5-on/2-off (Mon – Fri) drive-in/drive-out roster. Reporting to the Supervisor Mine Maintenance, this role is responsible for mechanical maintenance support to underground mining equipment including:
- Caterpillar trucks and loaders.
- Atlas Copco Production and Development drill fleet.
- Mine pumping and ventilation systems.
To be eligible, you must hold current full-time work-rights within Australia. Applicants currently residing in the North-west region of Tasmania will be given first preference. Female maintenance professionals looking for a career in mining are encouraged to apply.
To be considered, you’ll have an unwavering commitment to safe work practices, be a team player, a self-starter and mostly importantly, have a passion to be part of our mining family at Rosebery. The successful applicant will also have the following technical skills and personal attributes:
- Trade qualified in a relevant mechanical discipline (Eg. Fitter/Turner, Boilermaker, Diesel Mechanic)
- Working at heights ticket.
- Confined space training.
- Ability to coach underground operators on protective equipment techniques (Eg. Operate for Reliability)
- Knowledge of asset condition monitoring techniques.
- An understanding of contemporary hydrocarbon management practices.
- Knowledge of housekeeping standards (Eg. 5S)
- Familiarity with SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) module.
- Frontline management certificate (desirable)
As a company, MMG strives for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate. If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Applicants should note that screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results