Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Job no: 497491
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dugald River Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
We currently have a great career opportunity available for an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team at Dugald River. Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Technical Services, you will ensure the correct and professional application of geotechnical principles to the planning and operation at Dugald River. On a day to day basis you will be involved in:
- Developing standards relating to ground control, ensuring that the site Ground Control Management Plan is maintained
- Improve and maintain systems to monitor and evaluate geotechnical conditions
- Provide input into mine design and long term planning
- Undertake geotechnical analysis of stope design and performance focusing on rock mechanics issues
- Geotechnical design and optimisation of cemented back fill system and management of QA/QC processes
As an appropriately qualified and experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer within an underground mining environment, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- An unwavering commitment to workplace safety
- Sound knowledge of rock mechanics, numerical modelling, ground support systems and methods
- Proficiency in mine design and geotechnical software packages
- Substantial experience with various backfill methods, geotechnical data collection and processing, and the technical design of stopes, pillars and ground support
- Experience leading and coaching a team and a current drivers licence.
MMG is supportive of our local communities and region. The role is available on a drive in drive out basis (DIDO) from the Cloncurry or Mount Isa Districts. Relocation support will be available for successful candidates who reside outside of the local region and who wish to relocate to the Cloncurry or Mount Isa districts. This role will operate on a 9:5, 5:2, 4:3 roster, FIFO from Townsville is on offer for residents living in Townsville. Kalkadoon applicants are encouraged to apply.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results