Executive Assistant to General Manager
Job no: 497577
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Sepon Mine
Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operations located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since the commencement of operations in 2003, Sepon has produced over 900,000 tonnes of Copper and over 1.2 million ounces of Gold. In 2017 Sepon produced 63,000 tonnes of Copper Cathode and is expected to produce 70,000 to 80,000 tonnes in 2018.
With a recent change in ownership, an exciting opportunity has been created for an Executive Assistant to report directly to the General Manager of LXML Sepon. The role will be based at Sepon Mine site on a fly in, fly out roster from Vientiane, with the occasional requirement to work in Vientiane.
The Executive Assistant will be specifically responsible for providing day to day support to the General Manager. This will include:
- High level diary/contact management – internal and external stakeholders
- Event management – stakeholder and company related functions
- Travel management – arrange domestic and international travel bookings
- Purchasing and invoice management
- Credit card reconciliations
- Meeting management – schedule meetings, book meeting rooms, arrange videoconference
- Preparation of documents (meeting agendas and minutes, reports, presentations, correspondence)
- Translating, proof-reading and editing of material
- Providing interpretation between English, Chinese, and Lao
- Providing support to other senior managers as required
The Successful Applicant
You will work with minimal supervision, show initiative, and take appropriate action for urgent matters to be dealt with in the absence of the General Manager, ensuring deadlines are met.
Specifically, you will have:
- Strong computer literacy with high level of competence in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Chinese, English and Lao
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated ability to manage and prioritise time effectively
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build relationships with a strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of confidentiality, and how to use appropriate discretion and diplomacy
- Demonstrated initiative in completing tasks to tight deadlines and the flexibility to handle constantly changing priorities and demands
- Clear, concise communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong translation skills in Chinese, English and Lao is highly preferable
- Prior experience as an Executive Assistant working for a senior manager is highly desirable
An attractive salary package including a performance based incentive and other benefits is on offer for this role. This is a great career opportunity for someone who is dedicated and enthusiastic with the attitude to succeed and commitment for development in a company that prides itself on continuous improvement.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results