Electrical Maintenance Tradesperson
Job no: 497611
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
The Rosebery Mine in Tasmania, a polymetallic underground mine, in operation since 1936, which has current potential to extend life beyond 2030.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Electrician to join our Maintenance team at Rosebery. Reporting to the Mill Supervisor, on a day to day basis, you will:
- Maintain, diagnose faults and repair low and high voltage electrical systems.
- Carry out electrical maintenance tasks in line with planned maintenance and project schedules.
- Interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Install high and low voltage infrastructure
- Maintain electrical support for mining equipment
The successful applicant will have the following technical skills and personal attributes:
- Indentured electrical tradesperson.
- Basic computer skills (eg. MS Office)
- Experience in maintenance and diagnostics on mine communication systems
- Experience working in a Mining operation.
- High Voltage Operator licence.
- Instrumentation knowledge
- PLC programming.
- Fibre optic communications-Cat 6 experience.
To be successful, you will have an unwavering commitment to safe work practices, a team player with a strong motivation and passion to be part of our mining family at Rosebery. You will hold a current valid driver’s licence; some underground mining experience with a HR license is preferred but not essential.
This role is a 7 on/7 off roster including night shift.
All applicants must reside local to the west coast of Tasmania. Female applicants looking for a career in mining are encouraged to apply. Please note, only candidates with current fulltime work rights within Australia will be considered.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel:
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results