Mechanical Mine Maintenance Tradesperson
Job no: 497612
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
We currently have a great career opportunity available for an experienced Mechanical Mine Maintenance Tradesperson to join our team at Rosebery in Tasmania, a polymetallic underground mine, in operation since 1936, which has current potential to extend life beyond 2030.
Reporting to the Mine Maintenance Supervisor, you will ensure equipment capability, reliability and availability through thorough maintenance and repair of the underground mining equipment. This includes servicing, fault finding, repair and commissioning of the mobile fleet and supporting equipment. including Loaders, Trucks, Drills and other mining equipment.,. On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
Fostering a culture of safe work practices and good housekeeping
- Identifying root causes of failure and generating improvement strategies
- Operating and maintaining electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic tools such as drills, grinders, welding and heating equipment and rams and hoists
- Accurately completing documentation including drawings and technical reports as necessary.
- Reading mechanical drawings or specifications to understand the scope of work required
- Deciding which parts and materials are required and checking them for accuracy using measuring instruments
- Positioning and assembling parts on site
- Making or altering mechanical parts, assembling parts and checking that fitment and alignment are correct.
You have well developed technical skills and personal attributes including the following:
- An unwavering commitment to safe work practices
- A mechanical related trade qualification
- Experience in diagnosing faults and repairing equipment according to OEM specifications
- The ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Strong problem solving skills
- A current driver’s licence.
This role represents a genuine career opportunity for a motivated professional. This is a permanent residential role on a 7/7 residential roster, giving you the opportunity to become a member of the Rosebery community. Naturally, MMG will support you with relocation to the area and provide generous housing assistance.
All applicants must reside local to the west coast of Tasmania. Female applicants looking for a career in mining are encouraged to apply. Please note, only candidates with current fulltime work rights within Australia will be considered.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel:
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results