Senior Resource Geologist
Job no: 497618
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Melbourne Group Office
MMG is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
We are currently seeking a Senior Resource Geologist to join our Melbourne-based team supporting our operations in Africa, Australia and Asia (AAA). Your role will be to provide high level mineral resource estimations and geological services to ensure that our operating assets deliver maximum value, mineral deposits are accurately interpreted and estimated, technical standards of excellence are met and robust technical due diligence is conducted.
Working closely with our site Geologist teams, your role will be to:
- Provide support to the activities, methods and outputs of geology personnel and functions to ensure delivery of resource modelling, near mine resource extension, drilling programs, associated production services and near mine exploration to AAA operations.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with other technical services functions and mine operations to ensure consistency, alignment and continuous improvement.
- Support or be the Mineral Resource Competent Person to deliver annual Mineral Resource Statement under the JORC Code
- Ensure site grade control process is correctly carried out.
- Support site teams to ensure reconciliation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Contribute to LoA resource extension programs.
- Participate in the Group Exploration Target Review Council program as required.
- Contribute to project studies and M&A activities as required.
You will hold a Bachelor of Science with a major in a geoscience discipline. Ideally (but not necessarily) a CP for the purposes of JORC, you have a proactive, innovative approach and are a solid communicator who has developed strong team and collaboration skills and an ability to foster close working relationships across the group. Showing highly developed project management capability, you will also be competent in understanding QAQC and ideally have skills in Vulcan and/or Isatis software and advanced 3D interpretation and modelling expertise or be able to acquire these skills. While this role is based in Melbourne, naturally, your brief to provide high level support to our operations and develop strong relationships with stakeholders will require you to spend time at MMG sites across AAA, so an ability to travel domestically and internationally on an regular basis is essential.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity without discrimination on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date of 20 August 2018. Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised date.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGmediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results