Global Lead People Services
Job no: 497685
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Melbourne Group Office
MMG is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
MMG’s Global Business Services and Technology team is organised to provide services delivery to Europe, Middle East, Asia, America and APAC regions with global governance and services optimisation led from our head office in Southbank, Melbourne. Reporting to the Global Lead Services Delivery Improvement, the role of Global Lead, People Services will lead the achievement of operational excellence for global people services delivery through partnering with service delivery hubs and other MMG business areas to identify and implement service delivery improvements.
You will bring a solid knowledge of payroll & benefits processing and HR data management in an integrated ERP systems environment and have a history of successfully partnering with stakeholders from other internal business units/departments. Equally, you’ll have a keen cultural awareness and natural inclination to identify and implement system based automation and enhancements to drive more efficient and quality people services.
- Provide tactical subject matter guidance, decisions and QA templates to local/region services delivery hubs to strengthen performance
- Leverage your previous experience in working with or for a shared services function to lead and/or facilitate the identification and recording of issues, risks and improvements for people services in the relevant registers, and resolve issues including addressing root causes
- Partner with Group functional excellence teams in relation to business process and technology/system changes, and related initiatives/projects
- Project manage and/or provide subject matter support to projects in the broader HR area impacting people services
- Review and provide recommendations for improvement and insight associated with global people services delivery performance. Apply continuous improvement processes and tools, supporting local/regional services delivery hubs with identifying opportunities and using CI templates and tools.
- Support local/regional services delivery hubs with identifying and strengthening process controls in line with the risk management framework
- Monitor and provide advice to the delivery leads on competencies and capabilities across services areas
- Own and maintain the people services catalogue and service specific design assets
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in business/support leadership roles
- Functional Human Resources experience highly desirable, particularly familiarity with transactional processing of Human Resources related activities, with other functional service areas experience within a shared service being beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience in a team leadership or key subject matter expert role in Payroll, HR Master Data and/or HR systems
- Experience or exposure in successfully leading transitions and change, particularly process and technology related improvements
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to relate to and communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders and to influence across all levels of the business
- Self- motivated and capable of working under minimal supervision
This is a permanent position based from our offices in Southbank, Melbourne with regular travel required to the Global Business Services delivery hubs in Asia, Africa and South America.
An attractive salary package including annual performance based incentive and other benefits are on offer. Full relocation will also be provided if required.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results