Job no: 497695
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dugald River Mine
MMG Limited is a global resources company that mines, explores and develops base metal projects globally. We are one of the world's largest producers of zinc and a substantial producer of copper, lead, gold and silver. We have strong operating and financial results and are growing at a significant rate, both organically and by acquisition. With our global corporate headquarters located in Southbank, Melbourne and mining projects and operations in Australia, Africa, the Americas and South East Asia, we offer a rare and unique opportunity to work with a global perspective.
MMG’s inaugural mine development project, Dugald River, is a world-class zinc-lead-silver deposit located in north-west Queensland. We currently have a fantastic career opportunity available for an experienced and dynamic Geotechnical Engineer to join our team at Dugald River Mine.
Reporting to the Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will ensure correct and professional application of geotechnical principles to the planning and operation at Dugald River, so that compliance with Company Standards for Ground Control are achieved and maintained.
On a day to day basis you will be involved in:
- Monitor rock deformations and performance
- Monitor support and reinforcement systems, maintain ground support QA/QC database
- Geotechnical data collection: core logging, rock face mapping, ground support installation, instrumentation
- Undertaking geotechnical analysis utilising Rock Mass Classification systems, stereonets, failure mode analysis and numerical modelling
- Conducting reviews of stope performance focussing on rock mechanics issues
- Providing input into mine planning to ensure excavation designs, pillars, ground support and mining sequences are appropriate
- Design and operational input into backfill plans for mined voids
As a suitably qualified and experienced Geotechnical Engineer with either Mining, civil engineering, geology qualifications with post graduate study in mining rock mechanics, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- An unwavering commitment to workplace safety
- Sound knowledge of rock mechanics, numerical modelling, seismicity, ground support systems and methods
- A strong background & experience within underground hard rock mining experience
- Current drivers licence
This role will operate on an 8/6 roster.
On-site accommodation at Dugald River is fully air-conditioned en-suite rooms and includes meal service and room cleaning. The new village features, communal media facilities including 4G coverage, onsite Medical Centre, sporting and gym facilities. Remuneration for the role includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus.
To start your career journey with MMG, submit your application online in either Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) format by clicking on the 'Apply' button or visiting the job search page of our website - http://careers.mmg.com/jobSearch.asp?stp=AW&sLanguage=en
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results