Job no: 497737
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dugald River Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
MMG’s Dugald River Mine, is a world-class zinc-lead-silver deposit located in north-west Queensland. We now have an opportunity for a high calibre Supply Officer to join our team. Reporting to the Supply Supervisor, you will perform site warehouse transactions, physically and within SAP to ensure that goods and materials required for the efficient operation of the site are available when required and in line with defined company policies, procedures and standards. Other key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensuring correct quantity and quality of inbound goods through completion of goods receiving and receipting including safe unloading of vehicles.
- Maintaining accurate inventory through correct labelling, storage and issuing of materials.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and serviceable work environment by following storage and handling procedures and through diligent housekeeping.
- Ensuring security of goods and warehouse facilities.
- Preparing documentation and goods for despatch from site.
- Completing all goods movements within SAP to accurately reflect the quantity, location, serviceability and value of items.
- Completing stock counts for managed inventory and book out (issue) goods based on consumer usage.
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve material availability and service to customers through improved stock levels, data inaccuracies and better processes.
- Undertake reasonable additional duties as requested by the Supply Supervisor, including occasionally filling in for that position in the supervisor’s absence.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a strong commitment to creating and maintaining a safe working environment and who are literate in ERP systems, preferably SAP. With recent experience in warehouse and logistics (minimum of two years) and a strong customer focus, you are able to reconcile inventory and recognise errors in inventory data or stock levels and confidently correct issues before they become a supply incident. Having a well-developed understanding of warehouse and logistics processes as well as strong product knowledge of mining inventory, you are able to demonstrate an awareness of the legislation associated with warehouse operations in the mining industry. A current HR forklift licence is essential.
This role is available on an 8/6 roster on a drive in drive out basis (DIDO) from the Cloncurry or Mount Isa Districts or FIFO from Townsville. Kalkadoon applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please note shortlisted candidates will need to be available to attend MMG Assessment Centre on either days from 27 November to 29 November 2018 in Townsville and in Cloncurry on 1 December and 2 December 2018.
On-site accommodation at Dugald River is fully air-conditioned en-suite rooms and includes meal service and room cleaning. The new village features, communal media facilities including 4G coverage, onsite Medical Centre, sporting, brand new swimming pool and gym facilities. Remuneration for the role includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results