Underground Infrastructure Services Crew
Job no: 497738
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dugald River Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
MMG’s Dugald River Mine, is a world-class zinc-lead-silver deposit located in north-west Queensland. We are currently have multiple opportunities for experienced Underground Service Crew to join our team at Dugald River Mine.
Reporting to the Mine Superintendent, you will be responsible for executing work in a safe, engaged and efficient manner in the construction, maintenance, inspection, operation and support of the underground infrastructure as per the operational plan and adjusting the plan to meet the target where there are changing requirements. You will contribute to the development of a culture of self- managed team work that achieves consistent high level of performance.
Your key responsibilities within the role will be to:
- Ensure that all work is planned and executed only after appropriate risk assessments are completed and in accordance with those risk assessments.
- Installation of backfill pipe reticulation through the underground mine complying with pipe installations procedures.
- Construction of bunds and walls in accordance with the prescribed design standards following construction procedures.
- Installation of stop-blocks and other infrastructure as required.
- Inspection of bunds and walls during placement of backfill, providing routine reports on bund and wall condition to the surface Pastefill Operator and underground Shift Boss.
- Inspect pipe reticulation integrity pre-start-up and during backfill placement reporting leaks, looseness, movement, noise and other concerns to the surface Pastefill Operator and underground Shift Boss.
- Undertake routine preventative maintenance inspections and component replacement per scheduled maintenance
To be successful in this role, you will possess a safety focus, be a strong problem solver and have extensive experience in underground service work in the similar role within underground mining environment. You will also have a working knowledge of and skills in use and operations of Airleg and/or stoper, ideally from a trade background you will be competent is using hand tools, experienced within construction related work and knowledge of installation of large diameter pipes. A current First Aid certificate and a valid driver’s license are essential. Working at heights and confined spaces tickets are desirable
This role is available on an 8/6 and 7/7 roster (days and nights) on a drive in drive out basis (DIDO) from the Cloncurry or Mount Isa Districts or FIFO from Townsville. Kalkadoon applicants are encouraged to apply.
On-site accommodation at Dugald River is fully air-conditioned en-suite rooms and includes meal service and room cleaning. The new village features, communal media facilities including 4G coverage, onsite Medical Centre, sporting, brand new swimming pool and gym facilities. Remuneration for the role includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus.
To join the next generations' global mining company, please submit your application online in either Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) format by clicking on the 'Apply' button or visiting the job search page of our website - http://careers.mmg.com/jobSearch.asp?stp=AW&sLanguage=en.
Applications close on however shortlisting may commence prior to the closing date.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results