Mine Control Operator
Job no: 497742
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dugald River Mine
MMG’s Dugald River Mine, is a world-class zinc-lead-silver deposit located in north-west Queensland. We currently have a fantastic career opportunity available for an experienced Mine Controller to join our team at Dugald River Mine.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Administrator, this role will be responsible for the accurate and timely collection of data management for all mine operations in a timely, safe and efficient manner and in accordance with Company site requirements.
Key accountabilities include:
- Displaying an unwavering commitment to safe work practices
- Timely and clear radio communications
- Recording all physical activities
- Clear and professional communication with all stakeholders
- Assisting the Mines Emergency Coordinator during mock and actual mine emergency
- Liaise and provide real time situational reports to the underground shift supervisors
- The ability to effectively evaluate and prioritise all tasks in accordance to Mine requirements
- Other miscellaneous administrative duties as required
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Analytical in your approach and self-motivated
- Calm under pressure in a busy environment and able to make decisions quickly
- Confident multi-tasker and meticulous attention to detail
- A strong clear and concise communicator
- Proficient in the operations of the Pitram System including DOME.
- SAP and IEM experience
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office computer skills
- Knowledge of underground mine operations
For candidates who reside in the Cloncurry and Mount Isa districts, a Drive in Drive out (DIDO) arrangement is available. Relocation support will be available for successful candidates who reside outside of the local region and who wish to relocate to the Cloncurry or Mount Isa districts. A FIFO arrangement is also available from Townsville for residents in Townsville. This role will be based on an 8/6, 7/7 roster .
On-site accommodation at Dugald River is fully air-conditioned en-suite rooms and includes meal service and room cleaning. The new village features, communal media facilities including 4G coverage, onsite Medical Centre, sporting, brand new swimming pool and gym facilities. Remuneration for the role includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results