Job no: 497812
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dugald River Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate
MMG’s Dugald River, is a world-class zinc-lead-silver deposit located in north-west Queensland. We currently have a fantastic career opportunity available for an experienced and dynamic Geotechnical Engineer to join our team at Dugald River Mine.
Reporting to the Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will ensure correct and professional application of geotechnical principles to the planning and operation at Dugald River, so that compliance with Company Standards for Ground Control are achieved and maintained.
On a day to day basis you will be involved in:
- Monitor rock deformations and performance
- Monitor support and reinforcement systems, maintain ground support QA/QC database
- Geotechnical data collection: core logging, rock face mapping, ground support installation, instrumentation
- Undertaking geotechnical analysis utilising Rock Mass Classification systems, stereonets, failure mode analysis and numerical modelling
- Conducting reviews of stope performance focussing on rock mechanics issues
- Providing input into mine planning to ensure excavation designs, pillars, ground support and mining sequences are appropriate
- Design and operational input into backfill plans for mined voids
As a suitably qualified and experienced Geotechnical Engineer with either Mining, civil engineering, geology qualifications with post graduate study in mining rock mechanics, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- An unwavering commitment to workplace safety
- Sound knowledge of rock mechanics, numerical modelling, seismicity, ground support systems and methods
- A strong background & experience within underground hard rock mining experience
- Current drivers licence
MMG is supportive of our local communities and region. The role is available on a drive in drive out basis (DIDO) from the Cloncurry or Mount Isa Districts. Relocation support will be available for successful candidates who reside outside of the local region and who wish to relocate to the Cloncurry or Mount Isa districts. FIFO from Townsville and Brisbane is also an available for those residing in Townsville and Brisbane. This role will operate on an 8/6 roster.
On-site accommodation at Dugald River is fully air-conditioned en-suite rooms and includes meal service and room cleaning. The new village features, communal media facilities including 4G coverage, onsite Medical Centre, sporting and gym facilities. Remuneration for the role includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus.
As a company, MMG strives for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate. If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Applicants should note that screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results