Accounts Payable Officer
Job no: 497814
Work type: Tiempo completo
Location: Oficina de Lima
Minera Las Bambas is part of MMG Limited - a world-class mining company recognized as a leading producer of copper and zinc.
As a major employer in Peru, Las Bambas strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize the unique value that your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
The role of the Accounts Payable Officer is provide accounts payable and payment services to Las Bambas Operations and Exploration customers in the Americas, in coordination with the Accounts Payable Liaison Officer, ensuring the integrity and the accuracy of the Suppliers/Purchasing Ledger.
The responsibilities included are:
- Respond to Las Bambas´Operations customers and external supplier’s requests.
- Ensure timely and accurately processing of Las Bambas´suppliers invoices.
- Undertake a daily review of rejected payments and ensure action is taken to resolve.
- Work together with other GBS&T hubs in relation to payment processing queries and issues to ensure timely resolution and that root causes of issues are actioned.
- Action invoices as allocated in the SAP workflow, as well, as manually received local and/or regional invoices, ensuring accurate and timely payment in accordance with services levels and documented procedures.
- Submit requests for changes to vendor master data in accordance with documented procedures.
- Review requirements relating to foreign exchange matters, as required.
- Provide support for banking activities, as required, in coordination with the Treasury Accountant Analyst.
- Continuously improve processes, procedures and practices and maximise the use of technology to deliver payment services and improve the customer experience.
- Ensure process controls and internal controls are in place and are working effectively, and that MMG Standards and procedures are being applied, and communicate governance and compliance gaps with options and actions to address.
- Provide support to internal and/or external audits, ensuring actions are logged and tracked, as required.
- Provide support to third party service providers, ensuring actions are logged and tracked, as required.
- Log work requests and issues in the Global Service Management tool and ensure assigned tickets are actioned and resolved.
- Open and willingness to share knowledge, skills and ideas.
¿What do you need to apply?:
- Qualifications relating to business, supply or finance.
- Demonstrated experience in performing Accounts Payable and broader Procure to Pay processing activities, inclusive of trouble-shooting / problem solving associated with payments to suppliers and internal customers.
- Demonstrated experience in procure to pay activities as part of a medium to large size global organisation.
- Customer service, including the ability to develop effective working relationships with all customers and key stakeholder
- Strong accounts payable skills, including the provision of technical advice.
- Competent in the use of technology including SAP (ERP), as well as MS office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and service management software (Assyst).
- Procure to pay and banking theory, practices and processes.
- Legislation/regulations relating to regional/local procure to pay and banking processes.
- Accounts Payable processing in SAP, including integration with other modules.
As a company, we work to be the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date. Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date.
Important: When applying to this position, we would be grateful if you could indicate your DNI Number and your full name in the fields that will appear when you register.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: SA Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: SA Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results