Advisor - SHEC Delivery
Job no: 497833
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dugald River Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
Dugald River is a world-class zinc-lead-silver deposit located in north-west Queensland. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Advisor – SHEC to join our SHEC team at our Dugald River operations.
Reporting to the SHEC Superintendent, you will be responsible for providing support on Safety, Health and Hygiene, Environment and Community (SHEC) activities onsite. Your key responsibilities within the role will be to:
- Monitor and report on SHEC-related licences, regulations and MMG Standards
- Conduct and coordinate environmental monitoring according to site procedures and work instructions
- Develop and implement community and stakeholder engagement strategies and SHEC management plans
- Support the delivery of the MMG approach to delivering work safely, including work team member and supervisor accountabilities in safety.
- Drive and support safety, health, hygiene, environment and community improvement projects
- Manage SHEC data according to site SHEC Recording and Reporting Work Quality Requirement including entry into data management systems (LIMS, IEM, ERIK, GIS, Staketracker, SAP), verification and reporting
- Provide data and additional monitoring to support SHEC permitting and approvals, and when required the fulfilment of delivery
This is an excellent career opportunity for a highly motivated SHEC professional, who is looking to expand his/her capabilities within a supportive team environment. As a successful candidate, you will have relevant tertiary qualifications and come from a strong delivery focused role. Important to the role will your strong technical, organisational, communication, and interpersonal skills with a proactive attitude towards safety.
MMG is supportive of our local communities and region. The role is available on a drive in drive out basis (DIDO) from the Cloncurry or Mount Isa Districts. Relocation support will be available for successful candidates who reside outside of the local region and who wish to relocate to the Cloncurry or Mount Isa districts. This role will operate on an 8/6 roster, FIFO from Townsville is on offer for residents living in Townsville. Kalkadoon applicants are encouraged to apply.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results