Senior Production Engineer
Job no: 497849
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
The Rosebery Mine in Tasmania, a polymetallic underground mine, in operation since 1936, which has current potential to extend life beyond 2030.
We are currently seeking a Senior Production Engineer to join our busy and successful team reporting directly to the Mine Technical Services Superintendent. The key responsibility as the Senior Production Engineer is to support the Mine Operations Team in delivering its physical budget and strategic objectives and is a key link between Long Term and Short Term mine planning. This role will ensure that the operational team have adequate support in the areas of short term scheduling, drill and blast, ventilation and operational projects. Other key responsibilities include:
- Coaching and developing the Mine Production Team in the functions of short term scheduling, drill and blast and mine ventilation so that plans are safe, practical and efficient with the objective to maximise NPV
- Providing feedback to the Long Term Planning Department regarding practicality and assumptions used in the plan
- Optimising a short term schedule to ensure optimal operational asset utilisation
- Maintaining close working relationship with Mine Operation Teams
- Ensuring that Operational Management is adequately briefed on technical matters to make appropriate decisions in a timely manner
- Involvement in Contract Planning as required to suit project work and oversee mine projects as required
- Maintaining and optimising documentation to outline operational processes
- Identifying areas for business improvement and engaging stakeholders for optimisation
- Leading and participating in operational incident investigations
You will have strong and significant experience as a Planning Engineer or Production Engineer with a successful track record at the operational and planning level in underground mining. Your experience covers mine planning, primary and secondary mine ventilation, drill and blast and short term scheduling. Essential to the role is your practical experience with Deswik and/or other mine planning and scheduling software.
Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering are essential. You are a strategic thinker, a self-starter with a keen interest and strong experience and expertise in managing, motivating and coaching technical teams. Mine management qualification is highly desired.
To further your success to the role, you will have excellent communication and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to contribute and work effectively in a team. The reward is an opportunity to join a growing global business that offers competitive remuneration and as well excellent working conditions in a supportive environment.
This role represents a genuine career opportunity for a motivated professional. This is a permanent residential role on a 4/3 residential roster, giving you the opportunity to become a member of the Rosebery community. Naturally, MMG will support you with relocation to the area and provide generous housing assistance.
Rosebery is located on Tasmania's west coast in close proximity to Strahan and a couple of hours drive from Burnie and Devonport. Rosebery offers exceptional outdoor experiences with fishing, canoeing, white water rafting, rock climbing and walking at your doorstep.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results