Medium Term Planning Engineer
Job no: 497850
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
The Rosebery Mine in Tasmania, a polymetallic underground mine, in operation since 1936, which has current potential to extend life beyond 2030.
We are currently seeking a Medium Term Mine Planning Engineer to join our busy and successful team reporting directly to the Senior Mine Planning Engineer. The key responsibility as the Medium Term Planning Engineer is to provide a mine scheduling and design connection between the long term plan (LoA) and the short term operational plan. Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing, co-ordinating and presenting a rolling 13 Week schedule to optimise presented value in compliance with the long term mine plan.
- Aiding in the development of Quarterly schedules to support the LoA process and 13 Week Schedule
- Working with Short-term Planning Engineers to develop and present panel design’s which optimise value presented and meet the long term mine plan.
- Developing and co-ordinating a process for investigation of remnant mining and aid the Long-Term Planning Engineer in integrating remnant mining to optimise the long term plan and presented value.
- Designing and planning infrastructure to support the mining operation.
In addition to this, you may be required to aid in short term planning tasks including the design and scheduling of underground development and stoping activities.
As an appropriately qualified and experienced Planning Engineer within an underground mining environment, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- An unwavering commitment to workplace safety
- A drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to contribute and work effectively in a team
- Sound knowledge of mine scheduling, development and stope design and underground mining methods
- Proficiency in mine scheduling and design software packages is essential (Deswik preferred)
To further your success to the role, you will have excellent communication and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to contribute and work effectively in a team. The reward is an opportunity to join a growing global business that offers competitive remuneration and as well excellent working conditions in a supportive environment.
This role represents a genuine career opportunity for a motivated professional. This is a permanent residential role on an 8/6 or 4/3 roster, giving you the opportunity to become a member of the Rosebery community. Naturally, MMG will support you with relocation to the area and provide generous housing assistance.
Rosebery is located on Tasmania's west coast in close proximity to Strahan and a couple of hours drive from Burnie and Devonport. Rosebery offers exceptional outdoor experiences with fishing, canoeing, white water rafting, rock climbing and walking at your doorstep.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results