Senior Analyst Business Evaluation
Job no: 497964
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Melbourne Group Office
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
We presently seek a Senior Analyst Business Evaluation. Reporting to the Lead – Business Evaluation, the primary purpose of this role is to provide governance over Business Evaluation practices at MMG, including providing assurance to Senior Management, as well as driving the Business Improvement program at Group Office as the PMO (Project Management Officer)
Responsibilities will include:
- Enhance the organisation’s reputation for determining the ‘right’ projects/acquisitions through diligent governance over investment evaluations and designing and maintaining best practice evaluation techniques;
- Identify and communicate critical issues and continuous learning from past investments and experiences;
- Co-ordinate the Business Improvement Program for Group Office and Melbourne Regional (AAA) Hub as the Project Management Officer (PMO), including driving idea generation and clearing any roadblocks to execution of initiatives;
- Develop, maintain and govern against relevant Standards and Work Quality Requirements;
- Design critical controls for evaluation practices in line with the MMG Risk and Assurance process;
- Performs Functional Assurance Review over evaluation critical controls and the Business Evaluation Standard;
- Actively participate in Independent Peer Reviews of major investment decisions;
- Perform internal reviews of models and evaluations supporting investment decisions;
- Provide Delivery support to Group Office investment decisions;
- Provide support to the Life of Asset process through co-ordination of tax and accounting assumptions, performing governance reviews and design and maintain the EXCO presentation template;
- Deliver valuation calculations for Rehabilitation Provisions and Impairment Testing;
- Develop, maintenance and own the Simple DCF model template.
This senior role will suit an experienced professional who is looking for opportunities to significantly expand their career.
The Successful Applicant
This role requires a person with both well-developed business skills and personal attributes including the following:
- Bachelor degree qualification in a technical discipline, preferably supported by a postgraduate qualification in a financial discipline OR a bachelor degree qualification in a financial discipline, preferably with operational experience;
- Experience working in a mining (or similar capital intensive, long life project) environment;
- Experience with delivering business improvement initiatives / programs will be valued;
- Advanced financial modelling skills and understanding and application of valuation techniques;
- Understanding of Life of Mine planning;
- Ability to solve complex problems;
- Ability to understand technical and commercial mining information and translate it into a business case;
- Ability to build and maintain effective strong working relationships across MMG Operations and Group Office to influence outcomes;
- Displays commitment to high standards of work;
- A “can do attitude” and a flexible approach to work to assist in meeting the goals of the company.
Please note that this position may require domestic or international travel from time to time.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results