Emergency Services Officers
Job no: 497995
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity available for experienced Emergency Services Officers to join our team at Rosebery in Tasmania, a polymetallic underground mine, in operation since 1936, which has current potential to extend life beyond 2030.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Safety, Health, Environment, Community (SHEC), you will deliver emergency preparedness, response and management activities and support safety delivery at the Rosebery operation. The role will focus on delivery of the Rosebery Emergency Management Plan and Emergency Response Procedure.
On a day to day basis you will be involved in:
- Supporting implementation of the Rosebery Emergency Response Procedure;
- Maintaining emergency equipment condition and operability in accordance with OEM specifications;
- Implementing and maintaining fire and evacuation plans and support delivery of respective training of site personnel
- Monitoring, operating, inspecting and coordinating maintenance of site emergency response systems including but not limited to fire systems, lightning warning systems and alert/evacuation systems.
- Supporting implementation of the Rosebery Emergency Management Team (EMT) Annual Exercise Schedule and maintenance of EMT skills and response preparedness
As successful candidates, you will have an unwavering commitment to workplace safety with a strong background and experience in a similar role a mining, construction or industrial environment. Sound knowledge of Tasmanian safety, health, security and emergency response related legislation will be advantageous.
To further your success to the role you will hold :
- Certificate III Mine Rescue;
- Certificate II Security (preferred);
- Certificate IV Health Care;
- Certification IV Workplace Training and Assessment;
- Current manual drivers licence.
- Drug and alcohol testing qualification (National Certificate)
This role will be based on an 8/6 residential roster.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results