Job no: 498037
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
The Rosebery Mine in Tasmania, a polymetallic underground mine, in operation since 1936, which has current potential to extend life beyond 2030.
We now have exciting opportunity available for a Grader Operator to join the mine operations team onsite. Reporting to the Mine Supervisor, you will be responsible for continual grading of all areas on the mine site to provide a good operating surface for other machinery at the mine.
Shortlisted candidates must be available for an assessment centre on 8 July 2019 in Burnie.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Plan, control and grade areas in the mine to assist achieving daily targets safely;
- Maintain building roads, cleaning up drives and drains where required to prevent tyre damage;
- Ensure that all spillage is cleaned up and graded to an area where underground loaders can remove it;
- Pass on end of shift information to the oncoming shift;
- Operate equipment safely within working environment limitations and observing safety conventions;
- Communicate with other personnel using approved communication methods;
- Monitor and manage equipment performance using appropriate indicators to aid efficient operations;
- Ensure log books are kept up to date with all relevant details and recording requirements are maintained;
- Liaise with Shift Manager to ensure skills are kept current and
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of current mine schedules and an awareness of the current critical issues to achieving plan targets.
To be successful, you will have an unwavering commitment to safe work practices, a team player with a strong motivation and passion to be part of our mining family at Rosebery. You will hold a current valid driver’s licence.
This role is a 7 on/7 off roster including night shift.
Female applicants looking for a career in mining are encouraged to apply. All applicants must reside local to the west coast of Tasmania. Please note, only candidates with current fulltime work rights within Australia will be considered.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results