Advisor - SHEC (Safety, Health, Environment and Community)
Job no: 498065
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
Our Rosebery operation is currently seeking a SHEC Advisor (Safety, Health, Environment and Community) to join their SHEC team with a predominant focus on environment. This role will also provide exposure to security and Emergency response activities.
The Rosebery Mine in Tasmania is a polymetallic underground mine, in operation since 1936, which has current potential to extend life beyond 2030.
Reporting to the SHEC Superintendent, you will be responsible for the delivery of Safety, Health, Environment and Community (SHEC) activities onsite. Your key responsibilities within the role will be to:
- Monitor and report on SHEC-related licences, regulations and MMG Standards,
- Manage and review the site environmental monitoring programs which includes contractor management,
- Participate in field task observations, assist delivery of SHEC training packages, preparation of reports and contribution in Health and Safety meetings,
- Implement environment management plans, community management plans and coordinate and contribute to SHEC incident investigations in line with MMG Reporting Standard,
- Support SHEC improvement projects and ability to understand key systems and provide support to key users,
- Manage SHEC data according to site SHEC Recording and Reporting Work Quality Requirement including entry into data management systems (IEM, ERIK, GIS, Borealis, SAP), verification and reporting,
- Plan and undertake additional monitoring to support SHEC permitting and approvals, and when required the fulfilment of delivery,
- Preparation of periodic updates to Regulators,
- Conduct, plan and coordinate SHEC any other activities in line with site procedures and work instructions.
This is a genuine career opportunity for a highly motivated SHEC professional who is looking to expand their capabilities within a supportive team environment. This is a permanent position working on a residential based role working a 5/2 or 4/3 roster.
You will be offered a remuneration package commensurate with your experience and the current market. MMG will support you with relocation to the point of hire and provide housing assistance as required.
All applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered - in this instance, we will not be accepting any submissions from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results