Job no: 498117
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
The Rosebery Mine in Tasmania, a polymetallic underground mine, has been in operation since 1936, which has current potential to extend life beyond 2030.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Processing Operator to join our Processing team based at Rosebery Mine in Tasmania. Reporting to the Supervisor Processing, you will provide safe operational support in the production of zinc, lead, copper concentrates and gold dore. On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Fostering an environment where safe work practices take priority and supporting site safety initiatives
- Working through production issues with the Supervisor Processing to ensure compliance with strategy, targets and reporting
- Accurate reporting of daily logs and shift notes, and recording any variances
- Ensuring hazards and sources of loss associated with the process are identified, evaluated and controlled.
Ideally, you’ll have previous plant operation experience, technical skills and personal attributes including the following:
- An unwavering commitment to safe work practices
- Forklift, Working at Heights, EWP and Confined Space tickets
- The ability to work with others to achieve all required outcomes
- Basic computing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
To be successful, you will have an unwavering commitment to safe work practices, a team player with a strong motivation and passion to be part of our mining family at Rosebery. You will hold a current valid driver’s licence; This role is a 7 on, 7 off roster including night shift.
Female applicants looking for a career in mining are encouraged to apply
All applicants must reside local to the west coast of Tasmania. Please note, only candidates with current fulltime work rights within Australia will be considered.
As a company, we strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
If you share MMG’s values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and all applicants must apply directly to MMG to be considered. We will not be accepting submissions from recruitment agencies on this occasion.
To hear more about what it’s like to work at MMG, we encourage you to visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMGMediaUpload/playlists
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Apply now Employee Referral
Back to search results