We are MMG and we mine for progress
At MMG, we mine to create wealth for our people, host communities and shareholders.
MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Working in partnership with our major shareholder – China Minmetals – our vision is to build the world’s most respected mining company.
With the world taking steps towards a transition to a low carbon economy, MMG is focused on the critical materials required to help make this change. As we look ahead, our portfolio and focus places us in a strong position to drive future growth for our business. This is an opportunity for you to be a part of this exciting future and become our next generation of business miner.
We are guided by our Code of Conduct and our values of thinking safety first, respecting each other, working together, doing what we say and wanting to be better.
Dugald River is one of the world’s top 10 zinc operations, located near Cloncurry in Queensland. Dugald River was successfully commissioned ahead of schedule and under budget, with first production of zinc concentrate in October 2017.Dugald River is estimated to have a mine life of 20+ years processing an average of 1.8 million tonnes of ore per annum. The operation predominantly produces zinc concentrate, with by-products including lead and silver.
Superintendent – Projects, Mine Operations
Reporting to the Mining Manager, this role will provide strong support for mining operations across a broad range of operational and support areas. The role will also provide support for key strategic projects growth aimed at driving long term improvements in operational efficiency and competitiveness
The position draws from agreed standards and approaches and ensures that fit-for-purpose systems, tools and people are in place and that day to day delivery is in line with agreed service and performance parameters. Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a close working relationship between MMG site operations and technical services to improve key operational metrics, including safety, volume and costs.
- Managing the delivery of the mine control function (PitRam).
- Oversee the safety management of MMG mining personnel and mining contractors, with a focus on ensuring alignment to MMG safety and health framework.
- Supporting or leading a variety of short-term improvement and long-term strategic growth strong, utilising strong technical and operational experience to ensure effective outcomes
This role is available on an 4/3, 8/6 roster. The role is available on a drive in, drive out basis (DIDO) from the Cloncurry or Mount Isa Districts or FIFO from Townsville or Brisbane. An attractive additional incentive is available to employees who live or move into the Cloncurry township.
Qualifications highly desired:
- Tertiary mining engineering qualifications
- QLD mine 1st class mine manager certificate (preferred)
- AusIMM membership (preferred)
- Valid drivers license
Competencies & knowledge highly desired:
- Demonstrated experience in achieving business outcomes in complex environments
- Significant experience in underground mining and mining methods, preferably in base metals
- Leadership capabilities coupled with ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Relevant mine technical and operational experience.
- Working knowledge of continuous / business improvement principles and methodologies (eg. 6 sigma, Lean Principles, KT, TQM)
- Well-developed analytical, interpretive and constructive / lateral thinking skills
What we offer
- Family friendly rosters with FIFO from Townville& Brisbane
- On-site accommodation at Dugald River is provided in fully air-conditioned en-suite rooms and includes meal service and room cleaning.
- The new village features, communal media facilities including 4G coverage, onsite Medical Centre, sporting, brand new swimming pool and state of the art Gym/Female's Only Gym.
- For candidates residing in the local community: -
- Access to MMG Charter flights to Brisbane and Townsville for family/leisure purposes
- Gym/PCYC membership
- Financial Support for families where children attend boarding school
- Retention payment for long term Cloncurry residents
As a company, MMG strives for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate. If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date. To know more about MMG please visit our webpage https://www.mmg.com/
MMG is committed to supporting our local communities of Cloncurry Shire and Mount Isa City Council Local Government Areas. MMG encourages local residents and Persons of Kalkadoon heritage and other local Indigenous groups to apply