Superintendent – Fixed Plant Maintenance
Job no: 499729
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dugald River Mine
We are MMG and we mine for progress.
At MMG, we mine to create wealth for our people, host communities and shareholders.
MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Working in partnership with our major shareholder – China Minmetals – our vision is to build the world’s most respected mining company.
With the world taking steps towards a transition to a low carbon economy, MMG is focused on the critical materials required to help make this change. As we look ahead, our portfolio and focus places us in a strong position to drive future growth for our business. This is an opportunity for you to be a part of this exciting future and become our next generation of business miner.
We are guided by our Code of Conduct and our values of thinking safety first, respecting each other, working together, doing what we say and wanting to be better.
Dugald River is one of the world’s top 10 zinc operations, located near Cloncurry in Queensland. Dugald River was successfully commissioned ahead of schedule and under budget, with first production of zinc concentrate in October 2017.Dugald River is estimated to have a mine life of 20+ years processing an average of 1.8 million tonnes of ore per annum. The operation predominantly produces zinc concentrate, with by-products including lead and silver.
Superintendent – Fixed Plant Maintenance
Reporting to the Manager – Maintenance & Engineering, this role will be accountable for the leadership and holistic management of the mechanical fixed plant maintenance functions for the MMG Dugald River Mine site.
Within this role is the accountability to continually improve the surface fixed plant maintenance strategy, cost efficiency and KPI tracking for MMG Dugald River Mechanical Maintenance Teams as well as accountable for overall mechanical maintenance performance, in terms of safety, strategy, risk mitigation and capability.
The position draws from agreed standards and approaches and ensures that fit-for-purpose systems, tools and people are in place and that day to day delivery is in line with agreed service and performance parameters. Your responsibilities will include:
• Effective and inspiring leadership by supporting a culture of improvement and self-development.
• Accountable for fixed plant maintenance employee and contractor performance in the areas of safety, environmental, efficiency, productivity,
quality, planning, and cost.
• Review capital improvement plans and make recommendations; evaluate infrastructure, facilities and operating systems for needed fixed
plant maintenance and repair.
• Development, Implementation and Adherence to the MMG Process Framework; A2D Processes.
• Assist with the development and implementation of holistic site wide fixed plant maintenance strategies.
• Coordinate with Supply Chain Management to ensure critical parts are identified, stocked, managed, stored correctly and maintained while
• Assist with Maintenance & Engineering department OPEX and CAPEX budgets.
• Maintain accountability for all Fixed Plant Maintenance Department functions including resources, budget, and schedule.
• Oversee and manage the statutory mechanical engineering requirements of the sites fixed plant systems.
• Make certain that systems and processes are in place that ensure all work undertaken is in accordance with the relevant standards,
specifications, and safety requirements.
• Ensure systems and processes are developed, implemented and adhered with to ensure only qualified and competent personnel undertake
• Ensure there is adequate supervision of personnel undertaking work.
• Work with the Operations Teams to increase fixed plant systems availability and reliability.
• Lead and support continuous improvement processes through decision making, employee involvement, systems and training.
• Meet and exceed objectives and metrics for safety, cost and productivity performance
This role is available on an 8/6, 4/3 roster. The role is available on a drive in, drive out basis (DIDO) from the Cloncurry or Mount Isa Districts or FIFO from Townsville or Brisbane.
Qualifications, Competencies & knowledge
• Tertiary mechanical engineering qualifications, mechanical trade or other closely aligned discipline qualifications.
• Proven experience in mechanical maintenance in heavy industry, or associated workshop environments.
• Experienced in the maintenance of pumping systems, SAG mills and ball mills.
• Minimum five years’ experience as a front line, or higher leader in the mechanical maintenance field.
• Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement maintenance management techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results and work effectively in a demanding environment
• Excellent knowledge of Australian Standards applicable to mechanical work.
• Extensive experience in maintenance planning of industrial equipment.
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Acts, regulations, codes of practice and risk management procedures.
What we offer
• Family friendly rosters with FIFO from Townville& Brisbane
• On-site accommodation at Dugald River is provided in fully air-conditioned en-suite rooms and includes meal service and room cleaning.
• The new village features, communal media facilities including 4G coverage, onsite Medical Centre, sporting, brand new swimming pool and
state of the art Gym/Female's Only Gym.
• For candidates residing in the local community: -
Access to MMG Charter flights to Brisbane and Townsville for family/leisure purposes
Financial Support for families where children attend boarding school
Retention payment for long term Cloncurry residents
As a company, MMG strives for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate. If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before 15 June 2023.
MMG is committed to supporting our local communities of Cloncurry Shire and Mount Isa City Council Local Government Areas. MMG encourages local residents and Persons of Kalkadoon heritage and other local Indigenous groups to apply.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time 23 May 2023
Apply now Employee Referral Back to search results